Volunteer with us
Volunteers give over 20,000 hours each year to support education, outreach and stewardship programs. Whether guiding hikes, pulling ivy, greeting visitors, building forts, or leading school field trips, our volunteer community makes Tryon Creek a unique urban forest.
- Guided Hikes: Lead guided interpretive walks for adults and families.
- Story and Stroll: Read a story, make a craft and lead a walk with pre-school aged kids.
- Nature Guide: Lead field trips through the forest for grades K-6.
- Interpretive Stations: Bring education to park visitors through science stations.
- Nature Center Volunteer: Welcome visitors, answer questions about the park and oversee the Nature Store.
- Tryon Ambassador: Share our mission and programs out on the trail.
- Special Events: Work behind the scenes to support planning, set-up, and logistics for events.
- Teen Science Educator: Educate and connect visitors through a science station set outside on the trails.
- Counselor: Support the Summer Nature Day Camp staff as they lead hikes, craft projects, songs and storytelling. Applications are now open - click here for details!