Register for Camp
Membership Pricing - Camp Discounts
Friends of Tryon Creek is a community supported non-profit. Members make camp at Tryon Creek State Natural Area possible by donating each year in support of vital operations and Friends of Tryon Creek’s mission - to inspire and nurture relationships with nature in our unique, urban forest.
- To receive the discounted membership camp price and other valuable membership benefits, you must be a current member at the $40 Family Membership level or above. Current members have made a membership donation within 365 days of the camp session being registered for.
- If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact us before registering as a member.
- If your membership is not current, please purchase or renew your membership prior to registration by visiting our membership page.
Thanks to our members, we have limited scholarship funds available for children of varied economic backgrounds and under-served communities whom otherwise would be unable to attend Nature Day Camps.
If you would like to apply for the scholarships, please CLICK HERE and provide the following:
- Why attending a Nature Day Camp would benefit your child? (in their own words is preferred)
- The amount of financial support needed for the child to attend a Nature Day Camp
Standard cost for 5-day camps are as follows: $227 for Half Day Camp (ages 4-6), $310 for Full Day Camp (ages 6-12) and $310 for CIT Camp (ages 12-14).
AgeS AND CAMP OPTIONS
Please choose the camp that best suits the needs of your child and family - for example: some 6 year old campers might be ready for a full day camp experience, while others might find more success staying with the half day group for another year. We are happy to work with you to find the camp that fits best.
FRIENDS / SIBLINGS IN THE SAME GROUP
We do offer the opportunity for friends and siblings to be in groups together if they are in the same age range. Please indicate the name of the friend or sibling during registration. We will do our best to accommodate these requests.
Before and After Camp Care (SUMMER ONLY)
Extended care is offered for starting at 8 am. Full day and CIT campers can participate in after care until 5 pm. There is no extended care at 1 pm for half day camps. The cost is $10 per day for before care and $20 per day for after care.
- Within 2 weeks of camp start date – No Refund
- Within 30 days of camp start date – 50% Refund
- Within 60 days of camp start date – 75% Refund